Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ninja Warrior or How I spent My Down Time.

I had about a 4 week down time during my last surgery that I spent in bed or in my lazy boy. So in between marathon Xbox sessions I was able to catch up on some TV shows and movies I have had lying around. One about midnight I was flipping channels and stumbled across a Japanese show on G4 called Ninja Warrior. After about 30 minutes I was hooked. Unlike a few other Japanese shows on US TV, this was a serious competition. the contestants ranged from Olympic athletes, wrestlers and gymnasts to regular working men. Truly some amazing feats of strenght, agility and speed are shown off thru the competition which starts out with 100 men. Through the coarse of the 4 events the men are whittled away. The goal is to reach the 4th and final stage and the grand prize. The day I watched all 100 dropped out on the 3rd stage. Below is a video of Makoto Nagano, only the 2nd man to ever complete all 4 stages and win. I think I could make it over the first jump on the first stage, then just fall to the ground and lay there for a couple days.

No comments: