Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Web-Site of the Week.

This is a great site for anyone interested in DVD's.

Doom9.net is a very informative site that deals with the backup of DVD video and audio. Yes this can be a very touchy subject to some, but the site lets you know what the legal stance is on this topic. They offer tons of downloads and have a very nice forum where you can see problems that other readers are having and sometime answer problems of your own.

A cool program that I picked up there is AnyDVD. This little gem sits in the background of your computer and runs when you put a DVD into your drive. It will make the dvd player read the disc as region free. This is a big plus for me because I have a large collection of foreign non-region 1 discs that before I could only watch on my region-free PAL decoder player. Most computers only let you change your region code 4 times, so this program does wonders for me.

Now please don't take from this post that I promote or encourage the copying of copyrighted DVD discs. This is just a very informative sight that offers ideas and programs for many uses.
Check it out, there might be something there that interests you. If you get time after you check it out, drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

dabydeen said...

Yes, it is a great site. Too bad the MPAA's sponsors are making it so difficult for the rest of us to watch what we want, when and where. I'm sure in time they'll advocate making it illegal to do all sorts of other things with DVDs you've purchased.