Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sushi A-Go-Go

Yesterday I had a little father/daughter time with my kid and we went to, what is now my new favorite restaurant, Sushi Umi. I had pasted by the place many times and always seemed to eat sushi at Ichibon instead, and the last time I did try to stop here it was closed for the season. So yesterday we went into Terre Haute and stopped to eat. I have to say that I was very impressed. It is small with only about 10 tables and the counter and a small tea room off to the side. the very extensive menu offers many Japanese favorites from sushi to a nice loaded Bento box.
I had a very nice selection of sushi, including some delicious Eel and Sea Urchin. My daughter had the Bento box with Teriaki chicken. The Bento included the chicken, chefs veggie, tempura shrimp, tempura squash, 6 pieces of Cali roll and Miso soup. And to finish it off, some green tea ice cream. The presentation is wonderful. the table next to us ordered a large sushi combo and it was served in a ornate boat model. I would give Sushi Umi a 5 star rating for great food and very reasonable price.

For fun I posted the below Sushi "Documentary" it is very funny and should help you enjoy your Sushi experience.

2 comments:

TBE said...

Hey did you ever find your copy of "The Fantastic Journey"? I posted at your TFJ blog of Nov 2005. FYI. :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/TFJDVD/
Sign the petition for the TFJ DVD. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....