Monday, March 28, 2005

Frank Miller's Sin City : 4 days and counting.

On Friday April 1st one of the most anticipated comic to film adaptations will hit theaters in the form of Frank Miller's Sin City. Based of stories and characters created by Frank Miller, this film will cover 3 of his main stories, Sin City, That Yellow Bastard and The Big Fat Kill. Ever since I first heard about this movie being in production I had my doubts. I am a very big fan of Miller's work and didn't want it Hollywoodized. But after seeing the short preview show at the San Diego ComicCon all those fears were put to rest. This film looks amazing. Using the new "digital backlot" technique, Rodriguez and Miller where able to recreate the Sin City world layer by layer. Any fan of the book will be amazed by the fact that you can take any image from the printed stories and find its match in live action on the screen. It is even said that Rodriguez withdrew from the Directors Guild to allow Miller to be listed as a co-director. A whos-who of Hollywood actors populated the digital world of Sin City including Mickey Rourke as Marv, Clive Owen as Dwight, Bruce Willis as Hartigan and Jessica Alba as Nancy. Also look for appearances by Jamie King, Rosario Dawson, Elijah Woods, Brittany Murphy, Benicio Del Toro, Nick Stahl and many more. I will be in line to see this movie on the first day and I know I will not be disappointed. I will post a review as soon as I can after seeing the movie.

Visit the official site at www.sincitythemovie.com and view the trailer at www.movie-list.com

No comments: