Saturday, February 11, 2006

My Newest Toy.

It had to happen sooner or later. I finally tracked down a XBOX 360 (by accident) at the local Wal-Mart and forked out my $500 + hard earned dollars to bring it home. The system itself was $399.99, and then I added 3 games, and extra controller and a plug-and-Play charger. The games I had picked up are Dead or Alive 4, Quake 4 and Call Of Duty 2. The setup was as simple as could be and the transfer of my Live account to the new system was only a few button clicks.

I have to admit that I was not totally blown away by the advancement of the system. The new dashboard is very cool and easy to navigate and the ability to have multiply profiles on the same system is defiantly a plus when my son wants to play also. The game graphics where better than the normal Xbox, but not a great quantum leap forward. Now don't get me, I am very happy with the system and I am happy that I purchased it. The games, as always are totally addicting and I have had great fun with DOA4 and COD2. I have already completed COD2 and am now trying to beat the game again on the highest setting of difficulty. I have yet to open my Quake 4 game, but soon. Another nice thing on the system is the intergrated Live Arcade that lets you download and play some great classic games and new puzzle game. I am totally hooked on Geometry Wars Evolved and Hextic HD. I only have a measly gamer score of about 550 right now, but it should be raised up soon as I play more games.

My son has really been enjoying the Xbox with me, even though at this point he is not allowed to play it without me, also no game playing on school nights. I have to admit that we are both spoiled rotten (or so my wife says) because we now have just about every game system in existence, from the old Atari 2600 to Xbox 360 and everything in between.

My next purchase now will be a good HDTV to take full advantage of the systems power.

No comments: