Monday, April 04, 2005

DOOM 3 for XBOX .

Well, after a long wait and many delays, the XBOX post of DOOM 3 has finally been released. The PC version of this game was a monster, chewing up even the most updated machines. I know that many people had trouble meeting the high requirements for this game to play correctly. The XBOX port is dead on. Sure some of the backgrounds are not as sharp , and some levels have been changed to accomidate console play, but it is still a amazing game. If you have 5.1 sound hooked up to your XBOX you need to turn off all the lights when you play . You will become fully emersed into this digital world and time will fly by. One of my only gripes is that the darn marine still hasn't learned how to hold a flashlight and a gun at the same time. I picked up the Limited Collector's Edition which comes in a fancy metal case like the HALO 2 Collector's Edition. This is only a single disc collection and includes a behind the scenes DOOM 3 feature, interviews with the ID team and concept/production art. But the main biggy on this extra material is the inclusion of the original Ultimate DOOM and DOOM II. Both games are complete and you can play throught the whole campaign mode, it also supports split-screen co-op and deathmatch with up to 4 players.

DOOM 3 also supports XBOX LIVE play. I havn't dived into the online play yet but I do know it does support a 2 player co-op mode to play through the campaign mode.

I will post more info once I get a few days of play under my belt.

"So many games,so little time"

No comments: