Wednesday, April 06, 2005

New Release Tuesday. Better late than never!

I have to apoligize first for this post being late. Like I stated a few days ago I am now out of town at a convention and posting has been difficult. A few notable DVDs for this week include:

Elektra: Jennifer Gardner returns as Elektra in this quasi-sequel to Daredevil. This film picks up with the events of Elektras life after her "appearent" death at the hands of Bullseye. I don't agree with the casting of the Typhoid Mary character, this character has always been a favotite of mine and the movie version does not do the comic one justice. Its a good movie to spend some time on, but one on par with Spider-Man or X-Men 2.

Spanglish: A love/comedy starring Adam Sandler. this is a very good movie and once again Adam Sandler shows another side of his acting abilities. This is a major sleeper hit.

Also a correction from last week. Wrestlemania 21 was supposed to ship out last week before the pay-per-view event on Sunday, but it was pushed back until April 14th.

Looking ahead to next we we see several good movies being released, including one of my top picks, Hotel Rwanda. Don Cheadle is a amazing actor and is overlooked in Hollywood. This man needs more leading roles.

If anyone has any thing they would like mentioned on this site please let me know. I have recieved a few requests for older movies which I am tracking down now. I am also looking for new comic projects to post info about.

No comments: