Sunday, May 22, 2005

XBOX 360. Oh my aching wallet !

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well there it is. I already have my Christmas present picked out and it is the new XBOX 360. Microsoft premiered their next gen system on MTV last week and really showed it off during E3. The sleek new box has loads of improvements over the old system and lots of bells and whistles for all of us gaming geeks. Some of the highlights included wireless controllers, a removable 20GB hardrive and USB ports. There is even a main button on the controller that lets you turn the system on and off from the comfort of your lazy-boy. Now I won't even get that bit off exercise from walking back and forth to turn on the system. Also Microsoft announced during E3 that it will be backward compatible to play original XBOX games. They are even making the front plate removable, and customizable plates you can buy or make yourself. Finally a little nod to modders. The final price has not been announced yet but most believe it will be around $350.00. So that means I need to start stuffing my piggy bank now, and try to come up with a really good reason to tell my wife why I "really" need this new system.

1 comment:

Golf Grouch said...

J. Allard recently said it would retail "around $300." I think the PS3 will retail for much more.
http://www.grouchygolf.com/