Friday, June 17, 2005

Duct Tape Voting Has Started !!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(06/28/2005 THE VOTING HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED AS OF MIDNIGHT. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED.)

I had to put this post in for my daughter. I was very skeptical when she told me that she was planning on making her dress and her dates tux out of duct tape for prom. But she dove right in and after 4 months of working on it produced an entire outfit from the tape. Not only did she create a beautiful dress,flowers and all (yes all those roses are red duct tape), she created the entire tux right down to the shoes, and even a duct tape pocket watch. Now I know I am being a proud father, but this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen done. The duct tape company hosts a contest and award scholarships to the top outfits. Also they just started a online contest where you can vote for your favorite and the winner wins a special prize. You can follow this link to the page and put in Indiana for the search by state box. My daughters picture is #3436 in the 2nd row. Please take some time to look and if you like her outfits as much as I do please vote for her, or any of the other wonderful outfits in the contest. You can tell that all the kids who entered worked hard.

3 comments:

David Sheedy said...

Looks great! That's all duct tape? I cast a vote for her. By the way, did you see #3447 dressed like Napoleon Dynamite and Deb?

Anonymous said...

OK so cool. I would have loved to do that when in school...
Jess
monkeyzine.com

Anonymous said...

I voted for her. You have a very talented daughter.