Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Creature Gets A Remake.

It looks like 1954's classic The Creature From The Black Lagoon is getting the remake job curtsey of Universal Pictures. The new movie will be directed by Breck Eisner (son of ex-Disney mogul Michael Eisner), who also directed Sahara. Universal has been eyeing the Creature for a remake ever since the success of The Mummy in 1999. Gary Ross, who is the son of the original Creature author Arthur Ross has written the screenplay. Special effects are planned to be a mixture of CGI and practical effects to help create a new Gill Man. Shooting is set to start in the summer of 2006 in the States and in locations in Central or possibly South America. No release date has been set at this time.

1 comment:

Wontar said...

Oh my. I fervently hope that this is done well, as the Creature is one of my all-time favorite movie monsters. I'm scared, but for a different reason.

By the way... do you think I can sue? I asked for a remake back in May. (http://wontar.blogspot.com/2005_05_01_wontar_archive.html, 2nd post)